These Content Guidelines ("Guidelines") are part of the Operational Documentation incorporated into the Participation Agreement that governs your participation in the Program. The Guidelines apply to your use of our trademarks and logos that we may make available to you from time to time, including as part of any content you obtain from us (collectively, "splitShops Marks"). "We," "us," or "our" means splitShops or any of its affiliates. "You" means the person or entity using a splitShops Mark. Strict compliance with these Guidelines is required at all times, and any use of a splitShops Mark in violation of these Guidelines will automatically terminate any license related to your use of the splitShops Marks. You agree that we have the right to monitor the quality of your use or display of any splitShops Marks and you will facilitate such monitoring as necessary.
We reserve the right to modify these Guidelines or the splitShops Marks at any time and in our sole discretion as set forth in Section 9 of the Participation Agreement.
- Limited License
License to you: Subject to the terms of the Participation Agreement and solely for the limited purposes of advertising, and directing end users to, splitShops in connection with the Program, we hereby grant you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy and display the Content solely on your Site in accordance with the Participation Agreement, including these Guidelines and other Operational Documentation.
License from you: Solely for the limited purposes of promoting and operating the Program, you hereby grant splitShops and its affiliates a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, display and use your trademarks, logos and any images you upload to splitShops ("Your Marks").
The licenses set forth in this Section 1 will immediately and automatically terminate upon your notification to us that you no longer want to participate in the Program, or otherwise upon termination of the Participation Agreement.
- Reservation of Rights; Submissions
Other than the limited licenses expressly set forth in Section 1, we reserve all right, title, and interest (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to, and you do not, by virtue of the Participation Agreement or otherwise, acquire any ownership interest or rights in or to, the Program, Links, link formats, Content, any domain name owned or operated by us or our affiliates, Operational Documentation, our and our affiliates' trademarks and logos (including the splitShops Marks), and any other intellectual property and technology that we provide or use in connection with the Program. Other than Your Marks, if you provide us or any of our affiliates with suggestions, reviews, modifications, data, images, text, or other information or content about a product or in connection with the Participation Agreement, any Content, or your participation in the Program, or if you modify any Content in any way, (collectively, "Your Submission"), you hereby irrevocably grant us (even if you have designated Your Submission as confidential) a perpetual, paid-up royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, freely transferable right and license to: (a) use, reproduce, perform, display, and distribute Your Submission in any manner; (b) adapt, modify, re-format, and create derivative works of Your Submission for any purpose; (c) use and publish your name in the form of a credit in conjunction with Your Submission (however, we will not have any obligation to do so); and (d) sublicense the foregoing rights to any other person or entity. Additionally, you hereby warrant that: (y) Your Submission is your original work, or you obtained Your Submission in a lawful manner; and (z) our and our sublicensees' exercise of rights under the license above will not violate any person's or entity's rights, including any copyright rights. You agree to provide us such assistance as we may require to document, perfect, or maintain our rights in and to Your Submission.
- Trademark Usage Guidelines
- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE THE splitShops MARKS ONLY BY DISPLAY ON YOUR SITE WITH THE PURPOSE TO ADVERTISE THE PROGRAM AND AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS THROUGH splitShops, WITH A CORRESPONDING LINK TO splitShops OR YOUR STORE AND DONATION PLATFORM ON splitShops.
- Your use of the splitShops Marks must (i) comply with the most up-to-date version of these Guidelines; and (ii) comply with any other terms, conditions, requirements, and policies that we may issue from time to time that apply to the use of the splitShops Marks, including the most up-to-date version of the Participation Agreement (including the Operational Documentation) (collectively, "Agreements").
- You cannot use or display any splitShops Mark for any purpose or in any manner not specifically authorized under the Agreements. For example, you cannot make any use or display (i) that implies sponsorship or endorsement by us; (ii) to disparage us, our products, or our services; or (iii) that may, as determined by us, diminish or otherwise damage our goodwill in any splitShops Mark.
- You may display a splitShops Mark only in the exact format in which we provide it to you. You may not alter or modify any splitShops Mark in any manner. For example, you cannot change the proportion, color, or font of any splitShops Mark, or add or remove any elements from any splitShops Mark.
- Each splitShops Mark must appear by itself, in its entirety, with reasonable spacing between each side of the splitShops Mark and other visual, graphic, or textual elements. Under no circumstance can any splitShops Mark be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that splitShops Mark.
- Together with each piece of content on your Site that includes any splitShops Marks, you must prominently include a statement stating that splitShops and the splitShops logo and splitShops and the splitShops logo are trademarks of splitShops, Inc. For example, if your Site displays the splitShops logo, you would include the following statement on the same Site component: “splitShops and the splitShops logo are trademarks of splitShops, Inc.”
- All rights in and to the splitShops Marks are our exclusive property, and any goodwill generated by your use of any splitShops Mark will inure to our exclusive benefit. You will not take any action that is in conflict with our rights in or ownership of any splitShops Mark.
- You cannot display or otherwise use any trademark or logo of any vendor on splitShops in connection with any Link unless you have obtained from that vendor specific written authorization to do so.
- You cannot use any splitShops Marks or a variant or misspelling of such a trademark:
- In any domain name (for example, you cannot use a domain name such as "edurazer.com", "oursplitShopsstore.com", "splitShops.mydomain.com", "edufriend.com", "www.mydomain.com/splitShops"); or
- In any username, group name, or other identifier for any social networking site (for example, you cannot register on a website such as Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube a username such as "splitShops Supported Organization," "splitShop," "Split Shops").
- In any application, browser plug-in or other software name (for example, you cannot use an application name such as “Shop splitShops App,” or “splitApp,”).
We reserve the right to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these Guidelines, at any time and in our sole discretion.