We care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how splitShops collect and process your personal information through splitShops websites and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "splitShops Services"). By using splitShops Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does splitShops Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to splitShops Services. For example, you provide information when you search or shop for products, add information to your account, communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise, complete support tickets, etc. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of splitShops Services.
• Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of splitShops Services, including information about your interaction with products, content, and services available through splitShops Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses splitShops Services and other content served by or on behalf of splitShops on other websites. For example, we collect and analyze the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; login, email address, and password; the location of your device or computer; device metrics such as any errors or event failures; time zone settings; purchase history; and association of such data with the visitation information Google Analytics collects.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does splitShops Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
• Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve splitShops Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the splitShops Services.
• Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with splitShops Services.
• Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from organizations information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification, donation distribution and other purposes.
• Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to splitShops Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
• Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
• Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, splitShops, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does splitShops Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information with others. We share customers' personal information only as described below and with others that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you products provided by third parties through splitShops Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores. We share customers' personal information related to those transactions with that third party so that your order may be fulfilled.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that splitShops.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of splitShops and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of splitShops, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Transmitting Donations to Organizations you choose: We share information about you with Givinga Foundation, our “Platform Charity,” to enable them to transmit funds to the Organizations you choose and to email tax receipts to you for donations you make through our Platform Charity to these Organizations. Donations you make to public schools and nonprofit organizations that are transmitted to our Platform Charity are re-granted to the public schools and nonprofit organizations after verifying that the public schools and nonprofit organizations meet legal requirements for receiving donations among other obligations.
- Sharing information with Organizations you donate to: We share the following information with the Organization you donate to about your order: your order or donation number, the date you placed your order or donation and the amount they should expect to receive from the order or donation barring any returns or cancellations. We do not tell the Organization who you are in relation to your order or donation or what was ordered that caused the donation. Separately, we may provide your name and email address to the organization, if you permit this disclosure so they may communicate with you.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
• We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
• We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your splitShops account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
• Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: splitShops Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
• Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant splitShops ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie, a device identifier, or a code derived from applying irreversible cryptography to other information like an email address. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service.
• As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the splitShops Services.
• When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use splitShops Services?
splitShops does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use splitShops Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use splitShops Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at splitShops, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.